Friday, May 29, 2020

Pentecost Prayers


Today is Pentecost...
...may the firstfruits of our hearts be grace and love and justice, instead of suspicion and hatred and fear.

Today is Pentecost...
...may I bring you my best, my firstfruits, instead of my leftovers, my afterthoughts.
 
Today is Pentecost...
...may I be more focused on what I bring to You {my all} than what I want from You.

Today is Pentecost...
...won't you please bring unity like you did that day 2000 years ago, uniting people of different languages and nations together as one beautifully blended family. Somehow, someway.

Today is Pentecost...
...may we have more reverence for your thundering justice on the mountaintop than the mortal, murmuring voices of politicians and pundits.
 
Today is Pentecost...
...please refine us and burn away all that is prideful, selfish and evil in me - in us - so that we can care for one another in Spirit and in Truth.

Today is Pentecost...
...so may your Spirit have His way in me - in us - so that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control reign in me and overflow from me. In us, from us.